Patscherkofel Lodge is a private ski club located on The Avenue, Mt. Buller. It is named after Patscherkofel Igls, near Innsbruk, Austria. The club was founded in 1966, and has a long history at Mt. Buller as one of the more successful clubs.
In 1966, the original entry to Patscherkofel was located on The Avenue. In 1988 the club was re-built to meet modern standards on the mountain which has continuously been maintained and upgraded. It offers state of the art facilities and holds the enviable reputation as ‘the best club on the hill’. The entry is located on the bend of The Avenue and Breathtaker Roads.
The Lodge has live in managers during the Winter season who ensure that all members and their guests are looked after and can enjoy their time at Patscherkofel.
The Club is overseen by a Committee who meet monthly to ensure the club and its facilities are maintained in pristine condition. The Club has 20 bedrooms, 19 with ensuites. Members are able to enjoy the facilities of an excellent commercial kitchen, practical dining area, and comfortable lounge with several couches and an open fireplace. Other features include a bbq, sauna, and a laundry. The Snowgum Lounge located on the lower level of the lodge contains the billiard table and a television with Foxtel.
Members are provided with a continental breakfast during Winter, and linen is provided for all members and their guests during the Winter Season. Beds are hotel quality and can be zipped together to make king size.
The mid level of Patscherkofel is the hub of club life. It houses the kitchen, dining room and lounge area with the Snowgum lounge down stairs.
- Room 1 – 2 single beds + ensuite
- Room 2 – 2 single beds + ensuite
- Room 3 – 2 single beds + ensuite
- Room 4 – Sleeps 5: 2 bunk bed layout – 3 x singles and 1 x double bed + ensuite (Family Room)
- Room 5 – 3 single beds + ensuite
- Room 6 – Sleeps 5: 2 single bunks, 1 single bed, 1 double bed + ensuite – Family Room
- Room 7 – 2 single bunks : room interconnects with room 8 to create a Family Room. Wash basin, shower opposite room.
- Room 8 – 3 single beds + ensuite
- Room 9 – 3 single beds + ensuite
- Room 11 – 3 single beds + ensuite
- Room 12 – 3 single beds + ensuite
- Room 13 – 2 single beds + ensuite
- Room 14 – 2 single beds + ensuite
- Room 15 – 2 single beds + ensuite
- Room 16 – 2 single beds + ensuite
- Room 17 – 2 single beds + ensuite
- Room 18 – 2 single beds + ensuite
- Room 19 – 3 single beds + ensuite
- Room 20 – 3 single beds + ensuite
- Room 21 – 1 single bed, 1 set single bunks + ensuite
Mt. Buller is a 3½ hour drive north east from Melbourne via Yea and Mansfield. The resort entry gate is located at the base of the mountain at ‘Mirimbah’. Tickets are available to park on the mountain for your specified time. Visitors to Mt Buller can park on the mountain, then catch a Mt. Buller Taxi to Patscherkofel Lodge.
Patscherkofel Lodge is located on the inside bend of The Avenue and Breathtaker Roads
View Map (located at T4, reference #30)
Driving to Mt Buller – Click here for location map