Patscherkofel Lodge is a private ski club located on The Avenue, Mt. Buller. It is named after Patscherkofel Igls, near Innsbruk, Austria. The club was founded in 1966, and turned 40 in 2006 and 50 in 2016. This was a celebratory year for the club, with activities throughout the year in the club’s honor.
In 1966, the original entry to Patscherkofel was located on The Avenue. However in 1988 the club was re-built to meet modern standards on the mountain which the Committee has continuously upgraded and maintained. It offers its members state of the art facilities and holds the enviable reputation as ‘the best club on the hill’. The entry is located on the bend of The Avenue and Breathtaker Roads.
Situated conveniently between the Ski School on Bourke St, and Standard Run, it is ideally placed for true ski-in, ski-out. Patscherkofel has 280 members.
The Lodge is managed by Kim & Ed Reeves on a full time basis during Winter. Kim & Ed ensure that all members and their guests are looked after and can enjoy their time at Patscherkofel.
The Club is overseen by a Committee who meet monthly to ensure the club and its facilities are maintained in pristine condition. The Club has 20 bedrooms, 19 with ensuites. Members are able to enjoy the facilities of an excellent commercial kitchen, practical dining area, and comfortable lounge with several couches and an open fireplace. Other features include a bbq, sauna, spa and a laundry. The Snowgum Lounge located on the lower level of the lodge contains the billiard table and a television with Foxtel.
Members are provided with a continental breakfast during Winter, and basic food supplies such as mustards, herbs, oil, vinegars, milk, bread, and other condiments are supplied. Linen is provided for all members and their guests during the Winter Season. Beds are hotel quality and can be zipped together to make king size.
The entry level of the lodge contains the Manager’s apartment, a ski and snowboard storage room, a large industrial drying room, three bedrooms and the Children’s TV Lounge.
The mid level of Patscherkofel is the hub of club life. It houses the kitchen, dining room, lounge area, laundry, linen, towels and several bedrooms.
The lower level contains ski lockers, the spa and sauna and three bedrooms.
- Room 1 – 2 single beds + ensuite
- Room 2 – 2 single beds + ensuite
- Room 3 – 2 single beds + ensuite
- Room 4 – Sleeps 5: 2 bunk bed layout – 3 x singles and 1 x double bed + ensuite (Family Room)
- Room 5 – 3 single beds + ensuite
- Room 6 – Sleeps 5: 2 single bunks, 1 single bed, 1 double bed + ensuite – Family Room
- Room 7 – 2 single bunks : room interconnects with room 8 to create a Family Room. Wash basin, shower opposite room.
- Room 8 – 3 single beds + ensuite
- Room 9 – 3 single beds + ensuite
- Room 11 – 3 single beds + ensuite
- Room 12 – 3 single beds + ensuite
- Room 13 – 2 single beds + ensuite
- Room 14 – 2 single beds + ensuite
- Room 15 – 2 single beds + ensuite
- Room 16 – 2 single beds + ensuite
- Room 17 – 2 single beds + ensuite
- Room 18 – 2 single beds + ensuite
- Room 19 – 3 single beds + ensuite
- Room 20 – 3 single beds + ensuite
- Room 21 – 1 single bed, 1 set single bunks + ensuite
Mt. Buller is a 3½ hour drive north east from Melbourne via Yea and Mansfield. The resort entry gate is located at the base of the mountain at ‘Mirimbah’. Tickets are available to park on the mountain for your specified time. Visitors to Mt Buller can park on the mountain, then catch a Mt. Buller Taxi to Patscherkofel Lodge.
Patscherkofel Lodge is located on the inside bend of The Avenue and Breathtaker Roads
View Map (located at T4, reference #30)
Driving to Mt Buller – Click here for location map